View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 04:47 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
So....building a $12,000+ engine you didn't want to spend and additional $500 on a 3" crank that would have let you get an aluminum block? And $500 is being generous considering how much you could have sold your crank for.Sometimes it just doesn't compute to me

Not sure where you fabricate the 500.00 figure. Just because you make up a number in your head and post it on the internet does not make it a fact or even remotely relevant to the topic in question. But hey, Ill play your silly little game.

It will be a minimum of $850.00 for a new crank, plus shipping which would be a good $75.00+ if not much more. Add balancing $250.00-$300.00... ... Minimum an additional $1200.00 to jump into a 3" journal block. Then add the additional cost between Aluminum and iron and we are well near a $2,000.00 cost of admission. Then add the headache of trying to sell a brand new never used, 4.5" 3.25 journal crank to "Low Ballers" who want new stuff for free if I can find a buyer at all. After taking a hit on the sale of the existing crank and then getting railed on the shipping cost, I would be looking at an easy 2,500.00 cost of going the direction you assume is the best course.

All that said, I see nothing wrong with what I have right now... 3.25 main, MR1 with a 4.5" stroke.... It will do everything I need it to do. So if I am ok with it,who are you again?

Without you having all the information its difficult for you to determine what the best course would be. If you are still confused, go ahead and start from the initial post and read... I am more than certain your questions will be answered after actually knowing what the back story is and my reasoning for choosing the MR1 block.

Thank you for your participation...

SPEED SAFE, NICK

Last edited by AIR RAM; 12-08-2020 at 05:33 PM.