View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 03:29 PM

Appreciate all the feedback thus far, try to answer everything here.

Yes I have calculated the additional filter + lines, came out to about 1.5 quarts so I am currently at 7.5 quarts in the total system and have tried over filling this to be approximate 8.5 total system and still had the issue. Was highly considering upping it to 9.5 quarts and going easy on it, seems the worst that would happen is puke it out the breathers if it is over full as long as I am not hammering on it.

I will have to do more research on the filter flowing enough, I honestly never even considered that and it is quite an interesting point. Currently have a filter housing that has the 3/4 thread so may have to investigate getting another housing for the 13/16 or a higher flowing filter.

Heads are #16 heads so don't think they have the same dreaded drawback issues. Running 15-450 Pan and 15-451 pickup

In terms of the higher capacity sump, seems like the hammer head style canton is about the only one I have seen and requires modifications to my long tube headers for clearance.

does anyone out there make a dry sump for these old Pontiacs that doesn't cost $5K? Seems like dry sump would be next logical step since the accusump to me seems kind of like a bandaid