View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have the same Moser rearend. The seals sit inside the axle tubes, then the bearing sits inside the Ford end housing. So the seal can't be holding the axle from going in or the axle tube would push the seal in more. What type of bearing is on the axle? Some come with a rubber o ring on them. I would remove your seal and see if the axle goes in. Only thing that comes to mind is twisted splines. but seeing you only drove it a couple of times that can't be an issue. There is also no C-clips on mine and shouldn't be on yours. The C bracket holds the axle bearing in with 4 bolts. I wouldn't be using any hammers to get axle in, Take your time. Remove the back cover to see whats going on. Pull your axle back out and check for any burs on the splines. If it still won't go in take the driver side axle out and try on the passenger side. It should side in with minimal force. As was mentioned, check the seals fit the axles before installing the seals. Put a little grease on the seal and axle and side the seal all the way toward the bearing end to make sure it fits.