View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 07:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Grand73Am,
Thank you for your help- it is great information. So yesterday the stud broke on the carburetor that holds the air intake and the shaker was hanging loose which may be the reason of the carb issues- not sure yet. The carb is a Holley 750 model # 4779-7. The shaker hood was sitting off center and too far back and I want to get it centered correctly by fabricating a mounting plate as the existing one is off center as it sits on the carb.
In looking at photos, with the hood closed it looks like the back flat edge of the shaker scoop should be 1" forward of the rear flat side of the shaker cutout on the hood. Is that correct?
Pictured below is the scoop just sitting in position- 7/8" forward from the back of the rear hood scoop cutout. I have to make a mounting plate as the current position the scoop is off the plate to the drivers side.
I believe the scoop depth is correct as pictured. Is there any advantage to raising it up, so more scoop is out of the hood?
I know many questions and subjects here, but all is great info. Let me know if I overstay my welcome.
Thanks
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1995.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	540212   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1996.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	540213   Click image for larger version