View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 09:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thanks guys for your advice and help,
My thought on the interior is to paint the dash the SEM Landau Black #15013 because the interior colors have already been changed and it would be hard for me to bring it back to original colors as the door panels are black and brand new, the console is black and brand new, the sail panels are black and brand new. The headliner gray, the carpet is gray. Looks like the sunvisors are dirty gray or dirty white.
I have looked at a lot of Trans Am photos and it seems like the black really makes the dash instrument bezel pop.
I am thinking to not paint the metal in front of the dash and leave it the Presidio Gray that it is - I think that is stock and hasn't been changed. I think it would be hard to paint with the windshield in and I would not want to get bad coverage due to the limited access for painting.

Here is where I might take some heat and I welcome your comments - I read that the SEM black will cover the cloth seats to go from the blue black that they are (not original seats) to totally black to match the rest of the interior. The seats are very comfortable.
If I am successful with that, then I just have to find some rear seats and go black with those to match.
I figure I can see how the seats go- and then maybe try changing the color on the floor carpet and headliner by also using the SEM Landau Black on those, also. I read that some have had good success changing the color of their seats carpet and headliner.
Otherwise, the gray carpet looks good currently with the black console.
If I leave the headliner gray, would likely leave the sunvisors gray, also.

So taking your advice, I will purchase six cans of the SEM Landau Black. I found a place online selling for $11.75 per can. I will also order their SEM Vinyl Prep and Plastic and Leather Prep for the seats. If I decide to spray the seats, I will buy their quart can and spray the color on as I think the seats, front and back would take a lot of cans.
I really cant believe I am talking about painting car seats but the reviews on the SEM paint say it covers well and wont come off on clothes.
I am just throwing darts right now because this is all new to me. The interior already looks way better now, then when I bought it.