View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 12:50 PM
Senior Chief

I'm dissapointed in the Legendary covers I installed after my post above. Deluxe interior, new ACI foam, looks stock, but just not comfortable like I want.

Legendary is not as good as they used to be judging by the product I received this year. Appearance is good, but the panels are not cut and sewn uniformly. The listings were also too short to make the pleats correctly and had to use Corvette hog rings to avoid stretching the material to far in the pleats. Due to availability, I had to buy PUI for the rear, and the fit was quite nice. I'll give the nod to PUI this time.

This week I picked up 2 '97 T/A seats and I'll sew the new trims myself this winter, the only way I'll be happy. Didn't want to spend that much time last summer and not drive the car. Dimensionally the '97 seats are the same as the originals. I got samples of Comfortweave, Madrid, perforated, and faux leather. I'll probably do the perforated and faux leather and build the T/A seats without the headrests, trim the bolsters a little bit and eliminate most of the hard plastic. I'll redo the back seat with some small side and center bolsters for appearance, even thought of going with 2nd gen style separate bottoms and extending the console to the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221120_113623a.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	602370