Thread: Sniper dead
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2022, 03:56 PM

Default Sniper dead

I got flatbeded home yesterday .

I was in a parkinglot idling, got my burger order, put the car in Drive and the car shut off. Looking at the handheld screen it was all red with error on all sensors.

Keyed off, and keyed back on, no fuelpump prime, and searching for ecu in handheld screen. checked the 30 amp fuse, it had blown. I had a spare fuse in the car, so i turned ignition off, replaced the fuse and keyed on, same thing searcing for ecu. Checked the new fuse and it was intact.
Checked wiring pink from ignition and heavy red and black to battery all intact and no loose connectors in 7-pin connector or loose crimps at battery.
Verified power to pins in 7-pin connector.
took SD card out of handeheld and tried again, no luck. Tried unplugging handheld, no luck. tried hooking up laptop with usb to canbus and sync, no ecu found.

So my theory is that someting in the ecu is fried or solder has come loose. since it happend the excact moment the the car jolted forward when going from park to drive.

-469 ,Butler 310+ Eheads, Hurricane intake portmatched by butler, Butler roller 230/236 @0.50 112 LSA, Johnson lifters, pypes 2 1/2" exhaust, 3.42 yukon duragrip lsd, holley sniper efi, hyperfuel efi tank +++