View Single Post
Old 09-10-2008, 05:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Onerarebird
Default My 71.....no my 73 TA

My Trans am started life out as a 71 Espirit. I saw it in the back yard of a stranger's house and thought I should stop and ask about it. Here in ND it is hard to find a 70-73 firebird/TA. Well the next time I went to the junk yard there it sat, stripped out. Just a rolling shell left. Every time I was at the yard I would pat the car on the roof and tell it "Some day you'll come home with me". Well as you can guess that day came and for $125 they dropped it at my garage. As I worked on the car, I noticed the round cupped dents in the car all over. I ran into a friend of the last owner and found out he was messing around and his wife or girlfriend took after the car with a ball peen hammer. OUCH! After 10 years of scrounding and many different years of TA parts into the car. It now looks like the Buc. Red TA you see here. I call it my "JOHNNY CASH CAR" from the song "ONE PIECE AT A TIME". If your up on your TA you can tell the corners I cut. Go to http://www.ravely.com/TA%20BC.html and see it come to life.