View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 09:32 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGTO View Post
I've been messaging him, I have his number and I'll call him. I already asked about the fact they were not bolted. He said he has the adapter and the ad states he has linkage for it too. I'm not sure why he wouldn't show it complete.

Thanks for posting the other thread, I tried searching it and figured there had to be a discussion. Anyhow, I'll see what he has to say.

Who is a Weber guru I can talk to? Seems if these would work for with an open plenum it would change my thought of going IR EFI. I like my solid cam and EFI won't. I wouldn't run that air cleaner either, they make screens and filters for the stacks. Why cover it up.

I'd like to use these on an open plenum intake which is why I posted this.

Tom V, your thoughts? Always appreciate your input.
TRUE WEBER carbs were designed as a INDIVIDUAL BORE/SINGLE RUNNER carb.

Most Weber Carbs (48mm Downdraft & 45 mm Sidedraft) look cool and work great on small CID engines (for the "WOW" effect).

Ford tried Weber carbs on their 289 CID Le Mans engines back in the early 1960s. When they decided to move to the 427 Side Oiler Engines, the WEBER Carbs were way too small for the application. A Friend, Mose Nowland at SVO, had a 58mm experimental Weber carb on his desk. He said a set of them was still too small for the 427 engines.

So except for the cool factor, no Weber carbs are worth mounting on a 400/421/428/455 Pontiac engine, except for a Car Show engine.

I have a full set of the "good" 48mm Weber Carbs I might mount on my 9.5" deck height (366 cid) All Pontiac block.
But again it would be a road race type application on a track. And a Road Race car is the last on the list of cars
I were put together in my lifetime. For other people, racing a road race Pontiac in SCCA events would be very cool.
But not with Webers on it.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.