View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
I haven’t test fit them but we “eyeballed it” when my car was in the shop for upgrades. It appears they will interfere with the power steering pump if it’s in the stock location. In an effort to make my car more driver fiendly I added a remote power steering system and moved the pump up out of the way so it would clear a turbo pipe coming forward off the manifold. I also added a hydraboost brake upgrade and Aerospace discs in the front that match the rear. My plan is to eventually do a 88-94mm single turbo on the passenger side. My engine is in the stock location btw.

I have a few pictures of the remote pump setup. As you can see there’s ample room for routing piping with how it’s set up. It may be a while before I do the turbo conversion. I’d like to add a Tremec Magnum 6 speed first and that’s a pricey upgrade. My TA was originally a M21 4 speed so I’d like to get a stick back in it.
That looks killer. Nice work! FYI the Stainless Headers 2.5" logs are working great on the Boosted Bandit with 78mm T4 turbos. We just ran a personal best of 8.22 @ 167 mph at Sick Week in Florida. That's at 3550lbs race weight. The back pressure readings are still below the boost pressure (about 19psi at 23 lbs of boost) almost one to one. Very satisfied with them. No need for the larger 3" logs unless you are going to run a massive turbo on it. The 88mm would probably be a nice choice.

1971 Trans Am Lucy Blue, 11.56 @ 115
1966 LeMans. 462, SD prepped Kaufman D ports. 11.90 @ 112
1976 Trans Am twin turbo 462, SD Edelbrock heads 8.50@159
2009 G8 GT
The Following User Says Thank You to ErikW For This Useful Post: