View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
Most originals are cracked and dryrotted from heat and sun, LOL. But Im not selling these as better than new. I have done quite a few now and havent had problems. But, cant say they wont crack at some point. Just like an economy paint job, not everyone has a perfect NOS piece, nor do they want or can afford to spend $1k plus for a repair job. I am simply responding to an inquiry on technique. From my experience for a whole lot less money than the 'experts' charge, someone with moderate skills and a bit of free time can have a decent looking dash in their car. IMO what I have repaired looks 100% better than a dash cap. Others may not think so. Just trying to help fellow Pontiac'rs out in their quest for a nice ride.

I hear ya, a nice das is pricy, I know a guy looking for a nice black one, I found an orig for him, it’s almost a G, he passed. Dashes aren’t cheap
My buddy in Texas, his dash was fine, it was in the garage most of the time, his mechanic put it out in the sun one day and it re cracked.
I keep a dash mat on my old orig dash. Prob why it’s still good, I put it on in the late 80’s.