Thread: Tri-power issue
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandville455 View Post
Rich I am only running 31 total.. these heads don't need or want alot of timing. have u thought about trying a 4 barrel setup? will it just not idle good? how does it run down the road? responsive etc?
Darby............really do not want to go with the 4 bbl set up, i like the trips........guess i gotta keep at it. I turned it back down to 12 initial and i have 18 with the msd for 30 total..........runs pretty good there, although it ran good at 16 initial also.

The motor runs great, responsive, you nail it and there is no hesitation, goes very well.............now i guess i just have to work the bugs out.

One thing i noticed that with these alum heads for some reason the motor is running way hotter than it did with the iron heads........the only changes to the motor were alum heads and roller cam, also different water pump.

With the old iron heads, i couldn"t get that motor up to 160 on the freeway, now with these heads it seems to creep up to 170-180, not that thats bad, just wondering why it won"t run cooler on the freeway............in the city its the same story i had before, always had to run the electric with the flex fan, but that would maintain 180-190 wouldn"t change, now with both fans running its 190-200..........so who knows, and yes i have no fan shroud, but it never had one in 12 yrs.

Once the motor gets somewhat hot, then i have the running on issues, but it only goes for about a second or two.

I only have 150 miles on it so far, so maybe things might get better once i get a few more miles on it..............i

Rich