View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 12:23 AM
Senior Chief

I've been away from car stuff the last 9 years. Preparing to build my new house. I built the new shop first. Last week I was preparing to move one of my 64 GTO's. The tires on the old slotted mags dry rotted and I had to swap them out for some rollers to move it. It's an original tripwr 4spd car that spent it's life in California until it cam to Chicago in the lat 80's where I bought it. Car is rust free but was rear ended at one time and damaged the quarters. Someone welded vertically and didn't straighten the metal properly and used filler that has since popped out and surface rusted in the time I've had it. Because it was stored in a dirt floor shed for the first couple years but proper heated storage since. I've actually restored most of the parts for the car when I did my other 64 and it's all carefully packed in boxes waiting. The engine was assembled and run in at Butler's in 2014 and has been in my heated shop since. It was painted with cast blast so it wouldn't rust, but I still need to paint and detail it and put the real valve covers on. Not sure what I'm doing differently in posting my pics than everyone else?

Last edited by Brad_bb; 09-19-2023 at 12:34 AM.