View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Couple of things that will be helpful is to state your HP goals for the engine or your ET goals at the track. The level of driveability for general cruising would be helpful too. From what you have posted so far, the limiting factor is the cylinder heads which you state you want to keep and run. As you make the engine larger, (stroker kit), those heads become more and more of a liability. This all of course depends on your finished goals. Check your valve spring specs on those heads as 160 lbs. open is not likely the correct spec. The seat pressure sounds a little low but makes sense. I would choose to build a 400 vs a 455 with the parts currently available. Nothing wrong with a 455, but you have 2 400's now. Check the block castings to make sure you have the good 400 blocks. I wouldn't want to spend a bunch of $$ building a moderate to high HP combination with the dreaded "557" block casting. That would be 500+ HP. Good luck with the build.
Not too dead set on any HP goals but if I could get 400-500 I'd be plenty happy, more the merrier though. I want it quite driveable but with plenty of attitude.
Withought knowing specifics of the springs I'd likely just buy new ones then.
I also made sure that neither one was the 557 block when I bought them.
Hmmmmm the wife and daughters will likely drive it at times so I don't want it too radical.

Last edited by T/A addict; 10-19-2021 at 04:26 PM.