View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer
this is a well documented issue and covered at Ls1 site. no need for a repeat event here.

I've owned this car since '04, and had no idea this problem existed. A few guys on here own them, and I figured that it might be a good heads up thing.

FWIW, Commentary like yours is the reason I don't frequent that board anymore unless I need to fix something..... and even then I need to sift through that kind of mindless minutae to get to the good stuff.

13 pages on this subject in one thread alone and there are maybe 3 or 4 posts that address the actual problem and more importantly, how to FIX the problem. I am not interested in 13 pages of "I took the car to my dealer and he had it for 3 weeks while waiting for a $33 part and gave me a Saturn for a loaner" type of stuff.....

I get the impression that most of the folks on that board do not do their own work on their cars. Most of the folks here do. Hence my "repeat event" (even though I couldn't find one thread on HERE about this issue).

It is a non event to check or replace it before it locks up. Maybe someone else will appreciate the heads up over here on this board.

I certainly would've........

"I open up three deuces, I'm Never Coming Back!"

Last edited by Tripower455; 02-17-2008 at 12:14 AM.