View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 11:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I ended up replacing more brake lines than I thought initially. One of the lines on the rear axle was leaking too. In the process of fixing that I noticed a brown wire hanging down from the back bumper that the mice chewed on. Pretty sure that is why the fuel gauge isn’t working. It pegs to full, which means it has a open circuit. These little things are going to drive me crazy!

I had not driven it much with these new tires and rims, it has always had 245/60-15s all the way around. I think I need to get some factory 15”wheels on the car with taller tires like what it had, maybe wider on the back, but in that 27”-28” range tire height. These tires now are really too short for much street driving. I didn’t notice it driving by myself, but with my brother riding with me it was dragging and hitting stuff more than I like. I switched to them to do some drag racing, plus they look much better, the back are 275/50-15 Nitto’s and the front are Cooper 235/60r14s.

I was a little concerned that switching over to the factory intake with the heat cross over still half functional it was going to be harder to tune for pump gas. At least compared to how it was configured earlier with the single plane and better flowing exhaust with the cross over totally blocked.. I am happy to say it is quiet, actually more pleasant to drive than it is ever been since I have owned the car…and still likes 91 octane pump gas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	58ED3AF5-8C9E-4E87-AA6C-9FC4B07F3016.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	599216  

Last edited by Jay S; 09-23-2022 at 12:14 PM.