View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 01:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
At the local drive-ins, every time some youngster pulls out their dumb phone to pay, get prepared for a 5 minute wait. This may be the future, but it certainly is not the present. Often, the attendant finally gives up, and demands a credit/debit card. Then the line moves again.

Jon.
I can't believe even for a $2.00 item they use a card! When they use it at the parts store I work at it has a 50% of working after two or three attempts.

The drive up windows here are hit or miss. I gave up on McD, the only thing I liked were the fish sandwiches but not anymore. We have a Jack-in-the-box and an Arby's right across the street from each other and when I do go to each place which ever line is shorter is the one I pick. I've cut fast food down to a couple times a week.

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge