View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default New to Me - 68 Lemans Sport Convt Driver

Fellas -

Ran across a 68 Lemans Sport convt. a few days ago and couldn't pass it up. It's 350 2bbl, TH350, power drums, power steering, power windows. Mayfair Maize with black top and white interior. Has buckets and console.

Came with an original ram air hood and a complete hideaway setup.

It's in driver condition now, but needs a little bit of everything. Plan right now is to ensure it's mechanically sorted out and use it as a daily driver.

The quarters have been replaced, but the car is quite solid - excellent floors, trunk is good, too.

If I keep it for a while, it will likely end up as a GTO clone (I'm thinking Meridian Turquoise w/white top and white interior) with a mild 400/428/455. Right now I'm trying to close the deal on a complete 69 4 sp Judge that was rolled over. That would be a nice source for a drivetrain.

Kind of a neat small world story on the car - - when I was living in Charlottesville, VA, I bought a 69 GTO parts car - red, white painted top, 4 sp, and very rusty. It came with a complete hideaway setup. I sold the hideaways to Jim Sanny (Judge4u). He ended up selling them to the prior owner of the Lemans, and those are the hideaways that came with the car. I don't believe in omens or fate, but seemed like a sign to me that I needed to get the car and the hideaways...

Scott

Last edited by bulletpruf; 05-05-2012 at 09:01 AM.