View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You own the truck and are pretty locked in on how the truck's systems are all supposed to behave. If everything feels good and you have done all the maintenance items listed, you should be fine. My daily driver is a Jeep Grand Cherokee with 300,000 miles on it. I would drive it anywhere. I have driven high mileage vehicles most of my life with only a few failures. By 2011, most of the teething problems with the GM trucks were worked out. Rust is the most serious enemy of vehicles this age in Ohio at least. Most common one being the gas tank falling out of the truck from the cross tube rusting completely out and tank and straps falling off. You mentioned the oil pump. The long pick-up tube from the rear sump to the front oil pump connection is one of the few sore spots with the LS series engines. If your oil pressure is fine, no way I would try to mess with that connection. Very hard do deal with on a 4X4 and still tough on a 4X2, but I have done a few. An unnecessary can of worms IMO. At 95K miles, I might take a dental mirror and look carefully at the weep hole on the water pump body. If you see a coolant trail, it may be time for a pump. They are fairly easy. Your truck should have another 100K of reliable service left in it. I know this is the wrong thread but congratulations on your new property purchase. We almost moved to TN about 7 years ago. But that's another story.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: