View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 07:15 PM
Suspended

Roger Reihl had very little to do with the rebuilding of those drums. He knew a local machine shop that used to do them for him. For years they were doing nice work for him but in the last few years of being in business the drums were no good. They were out of round and would shutter as soon as they warmed up.. He was a friend of mine and he told me the drums he's been getting back were no good for a driver and only recommended for trailer queens.

In 1967-68 Kelsey Hayes made the 8 lug wheels even lighter. But I would have no issue running any rim that was made by Kelsey Hayes for the 8 lug. Especially since Diamond Back is now selling the correct tires for those rims and that car, the beauty of them is they are made with the most modern tire tech thats out there. Everybody I know who has them say they ride like a dream...

Roger was a wiz with the four speed hydra matics. I personally always liked that transmission. He used to teach me over the phone how the circuits run in that valve body. That transmission was one of the most complicated transmissions ever made and when properly set up would have one of these big Pontiacs howling down the road loafing at 120.. Theres even a little red Indian who comes out to cheer on the war party....

Last edited by 389; 04-25-2022 at 05:43 PM.