View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
Did the 455 Olds install on a one year old 1980 TA. Had no a/c box clearance problem. Used the 403 engine mounts to bolt it in. Engine was from 73 Toronado complete with a/c compressor. Headers were from 70 442 but needed some mods. One pipe was close to the floor at the gas pedel and use to get a little warm on the heel. The car was a turbo 301 that had a fire. Modified the hood into a cowl induction. The shop that got the car after me found a hood and shaker that fit well. The intake was the original Toronado low rize. They also got the a/c working with the Toro compressor.
Big Bear I can't believe it. You would think people are still around or would be able to find at least a picture of the 455 swap but the internet has lost so much of the history. You are the only person I've encountered on the entire web in over a year. Very much appreciate you providing input and experience! Also extremely happy to hear the AC suitcase/box won't be an issue. I may opt for notched valve covers to help but was dreading cutting into the case itself for room as I've read to believe. Nothing like first hand experience!