View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 05:39 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V. View Post

You could however special order a 3.90 axle for the GTO. But it required mandatory extra cost Metallic Brake option, HD Radiator, HD Fan, and Safe-T-Track options. You could NOT get it with AC. With Man Trans (3 or 4 spd), you could get it with the base 4 bbl or optional Tripower. With auto trans, you could only get it with the Tripower (and an extra cost Speedo Adapter for the trans was also required). Late year (nominally May '64), you could order the newly released M21 close ratio 4 spd but the 3.90 was mandatory along with the other extra cost options required with the 3.90 and it was only offered with Tripower.

Consult the Axle Charts for complete specific combinations.
Thanks for all of your help over the years, John V.

As mentioned, I had the wide ratio trans because my car was built (before the M21 close ratio trans was available) with the 3.90 gears and metallic brakes.

For a number of years, in college, I had the Wangers 4.33 rear axle under the car. But I am glad that Tenny now has that axle under the Wanger's GTO.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.