View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 09:21 AM

Default WT7

the car was purchased from an east coast collector. I believe it was sold on ebay with no motor or trans. that east coast collector confirms it was a real WT7 car.

I was able to watch the owner show another show goer the binder with the build sheet. I didn't take a photo of the build sheet as i thought that was a bit too much but i did get a shot of the PHS sheet that was on the dash.

Both show participants commented that they'd never seen a real WT7 car and, for me too, it was my first.

I started this thread after reading LOTS of past threads related to WT7 cars and how they were only built at Pontiac/Oshawa assembly and they were only early build cars. I was researching this early on as my Polar White car was purchased with a black wing and the wrong stripe combo.

After confirming that my car rolled off of the transport in June of 1970 with a white wing and red blue yellow stripes, i understood the car wasn't a real WT7 car...and no build sheet with my car. However, even back in 1974 the original owner thought that painting the wing black was the thing to do. I have a photo of my car from 74 with big ass slicks, bullet mirrors and a black wing.

The original owner told me that "painting the wing black was a popular thing to do since all of the advertising literature showed black winged cars". The original owners dad worked at the Yoder Pontiac dealership in McAllen, TX where the car was ordered and said they had a poster on the wall with a 70 Judge RAIV with a black wing and that's the way they ordered it but it came in (from Arlington) with a white wing and blue stripes.