View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
The 2802 has .488” lift on the exhaust. You should check or figure out what your coil bind is on the springs you have, and how they are set up. I suppose it is possible you might not have room for much more lift than .49”.

The factory rockers do not run at 1.5 either, more like 1.48, you may have more room than you realize if you still have stock rocker arms.

If your worried about the sniper managing a big cam the 2822 is the worst choice of all the cams that have been mentioned. Very Rough idle.

For the LSA’s, your comparing apples and oranges. Ultradyne and Lunati Voodoo are assymetrical grinds, opening on the cam is more aggressive than the closing. The summits mentioned are symmetrical. Crower are symmetrical too. Widening a Ultradyne or Voodoo out to 112 makes them act like one of those symmetrical cams on 114, but with a smoother idle. 112 LSA version of a 703 in a 400 with mid 9s compression will have a pretty smooth idle. I have done the Ultradynes on 110, 112, and 114. The idle smooths out pretty drastically when they are wider.
the lunati springs i have should be good for .500 lift with the 701 cam i have its .469 lift and i got about .090 left before coil bind nothing is stock it has differnt retainers and locks also using roller rockers i think they were procomps
what do you feel would be best off the shelf cam for the money and just street car no racing i was hoping to get the ram 4 sound and since it had 114 lsa i thought it would work with sniper but im not that smart about these issues
the lunati voodoo 703 is still on short list but i have ruled out the crower 243 cam i had looked at. since this is low budget build i dont think i can afford a custom ground cam maybe leaning back to summitt2802 when i use the number on desk top dyno it gets me 393hp @5000 and 433 ft lbs @4500 also voodoo 702 numbers dont look bad 385hp @5000 and 440 ftlbs @ 4000 im just not sure the 702 will give a choppy idle
im sure the numbers vary when its in real motor combo but it does give me
a look to compare cams

Last edited by jwhit; 07-18-2022 at 02:14 PM.