Thread: 1971 gt-37
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmissle View Post
Haven’t sent for it but 350 2bl 2 speed
I believe it was ivory interior because it looks
Like the door panels have been replaced but that doesn’t explain the black vinyl roof
Unless that was also changed
It has a sears and roebuck style ac unit too
Ps
Manual drums
It ain’t fancy but I kinda dig it
Can't tell on my iPad but does the vinyl roof treatment use the factory stainless vinyl top trim & corner pieces? Two of the '71's I've Iwned over the years, had mid 70 decade vinyl top additions. The trim shops that installed them used a one piece big hoop style of trim molding. Both cars immediately had the vinyl tops removed after I bought them, & for one which was stored outside, that was a Godsend.

On your interior, originally, your car's seats were Sandalwood vinyl. Same color was used on door panels, windlace, then a slighty darker hue of sandalwood on the molded dash.

The black front bench you have was done in a pattern very similar to that of a '71 235 series LeMans/ more ribs than were used on the 233 series bench. I picked up an original of that style 71 LeMans black vinyl split bench. Desiring to save a LOT of $$$, it would not be hard to leave the interior black. I've been swapping a base '72 LeMans 400 Coupe over to black interior, as i cant go to the mountain top, restoration wise, just waaaay too costley. The base trim level '72 LeMans 2 door Coupes & hardtops used the same pattern door panels & basic seat patterns as the '71 T-37/GT-37. Only difference on the door panels is '71 233's do not have the small '72 LeMans or (GTO) emblems.