View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 02:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
I have found that variations in measurements when degreeing a camshaft is primarily caused by the dial indicator not being "square" or " parallel " with the valve, or not having a flat surface to place the dial indicator stem tip on the valve retainer. Those two items can cause issues trying to get an accurate, repeatable measurement. Regarding the +4. Most cam manufacturers are adding 4 degrees advance in when grinding the cam. It will generally say that on the cam card by stating the cam grind number followed by +4. Lastly, if you use the +4 keyway and marks on the timing gear, it should advance the cam 4 degrees. Naturally, it needs to be verified by degreeing the camshaft in.
I think I did ok on that. I had my lifter in place with a pushrod. I used the CC degree kit. I had the setup screwed into the rocker stud with the the guide plate installed. There was no movement of the plunger.

Did the FB link work? There is a picture of the cam card there. I see that there is a Part# and a Serial# The serial number: v 9054-11. Maybe that -11 is where they got the 11 deg Advanced? Regardless do I even car about that number? I'm still trying to hit the 109 ICL correct? And advance or retard is from that reference.