Old 08-07-2022, 08:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Where are you measuring 150 at?

The cam has a 114 LSA and the cam card wants a 109 ICL

Using intake 6 BTDC and 44 ABDC will have you at 109 ICL

Stan
Measured at .050 down from both side of the max lift of the intake lobe.

Basically followed the same method Fast Monte used as instructed by Buttler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKpk64KWqag&t=992s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Personally I would leave it, right were it is. Usually advancing the Cam picks up bottom end, seat of the pants and a chance of picking up ET, maybe, but top end usually suffers. Show it’s a trial and error thing. But if it’s a nice street cruiser I doubt your going to notice much of a difference. I mean you can try it at zero and see what you end up with.

Most of the factory cams were on a 114 , so cam company’s knew advancing them along with a little more intake and exhaust duration would definitely make more hp. They also knew the heads was the restriction.

So basically even though they say 109, they Knew with Timeing chain stretch, it’ll end up at 111-112. What their banking on is the opening and closing…change that to much and it’s going to effect cylinder filling.
Well I know how it drives as is and it does lack bottom end torq. I had to put in a 10 Continental converter to unlock the power. So advancing seems preferable to me given its a street car. It want to pull well past 5500 and it still has stock rods