View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 07:32 AM
Senior Chief

I decided to bring up my older post instead of starting a new one,

I ordered an MR1 block and camshaft from a well known (we all know them) reputable shop and leaned on them for a camshaft recommendation. However the person recommending the camshaft either can not or will not give any details as to how this cam will perform with my combination. He is just saying he chose it based on my combination and needs. I really dont like the idea of paying for an "unknown" and would think that if a person knows how to select a cam, they would be able to give details as to what the effective RPM range would be both NA and when under boost with an approximate HP/TQ target... unfortunately this person just will not give any details... its a bit concerning to me and I am not comfortable purchasing question marks.

The only thing on my combination that is changing from above it that i will be using an MR1 block.

So here is the only information he was willing to share and I am expected to trust its what I asked for.

"Nick,
Ok, I would go with a cam like a 238/238 with app. .600 lift and 115 l/s. "

That's it... hell this may be the best cam ever however I dont have much to go on. So the question is, does anyone have any idea as to what could be expected with this grind?

Thanks ahead of time.

SPEED SAFE, NICK