View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
I think I found the text of the recall. But there were several air bag recalls that year. If you could post the NHTSA recall number, that would nail it down. The main one I found is 25 pages of text explaining the replacement of the passenger air bag. The new one for a 2011 Sierra will require a new bracket to mount it as well as the new air bag. Takes a special tool to attach the new bracket. Flat rate is around 1 hour depending on the options you may have. I would expect if their not super bust to expect a 2 hour wait to be safe. One thing in the text I just hate is the repair kit includes a few Scotch Locks that they expect the tech's to use. Under the best circumstances, they are crap and the worst possible way to repair wires IMO. Using them in a air bag system is sketchy at best.
The Toyota Air Bag recall gives the Tech some scotch locks as well, but they are for the old inflator, it shorts the wires together so the old one will not discharge upon removal or returning to manufacturer. Same manufacturer as toyota airbags.