View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think Duplicolor was the brand of can I pulled off the shelf one day to coat something quick to prevent rust or something. I was amazed that it was dry in about 1 min and didn't look bad either ... was definitely an auto touchup paint of some kind.

Making my own line panel using laminated printer paper with the lines printed on them. Going to affix them to some thin clear plexi, make an adapter to hold it in one of my magnetic indicator holders. Ordered some 1/2" round 4130 to make some tools from, in the past made them from 1/2 round mild steel, a little too easy to bend. I drill and tap a hole in the end, screw in a stud that extends out about 3/8", then I can use the lathe to make numerous types of tips out of all the plastic rounds I have. Ordered some tabs and glue, already have a nice gun, can easily fabricate a selection of "bridges" for pulling, slide hammers, and tappers.

Just kind of doing it for fun, figure any little dent I can improve will be that much less filler needed. In case I'm a failure at it ... I wonder if a PDR guy can work on bare steel with just a coat of gloss paint on it .... seems like it might make sense to invest a bit and have as many of the dents as possible removed before any body work starts.

Last edited by dataway; 02-22-2021 at 05:01 PM.