View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD73 View Post
Does anyone know if the rear driver side valve cover bolt closest to the intake manifold has a clip attached to it? If it does is the clip hole for it on the right or left of the bolt? Were there 3 clips per side?

Thanks
SD73
Not sure if this applies to yours since you're asking specifically about a '73 but on my '74 SD (mostly original), which I'm assuming would be similar there is no plastic push pin clip in that metal bracket hole which btw is on the left side (toward front of car) of the valve cover bolt. (see pic) The frontmost metal bracket hole on that side has a metal clip that holds the taped electrical wire bundle. Interestingly, there is a metal bracket beneath each of the 8 valve cover bolts. A plastic push pin clip is only on the front left bracket (temp sensor wire) and on the rear passenger side bracket (TCS wire). It's very possible that most of the other metal brackets had a plastic push pin clip for some of the emissions related hoses and perhaps a spark plug wire holder but they were not on my car when I purchased it from the original owner back in '77. Hope that helps somewhat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	74SDengine_opt.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	631910