View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Thanks again for great friends, here, and your prayers!!! I have been in the hospital now, for one month and one day. My C6 and T6 vertebrae were both fractured. The first doctor that examined me, told me it was a true miracle that I was in the condition that I was. I stepped out of the 2020 suburban that I had been driving, onto the lowered stretcher to be transported.

I had been test driving the suburban after repairing a tire. I was in the inside lane of a 35 MPH street waiting to turn onto the street headed back to the shop (only about 100 feet from my h[use, I live VERY close to my house). Just 3 a mall city blocks south of Route 66.

Google intersection of Watts street and Country Club road. El Reno, Oklahoma)..

I saw a flash in my rear view mirror of a Dodge Durango doing around 60-70 MPH, thinking,, what the....?

I did not loose consciousness, started praying right after impact, while dialing 911. Noticed smoke in steering wheel area. Got the door opened, thankfully, praying for that!! ( AIR BAGS DO NOT EMPLOY IN A REAR END IMPACT, ANYONE KNOW WHY? TOV.???)

Suburban was rolling southward, slower than a walk, came to a stop against the curb. I then call my boss, after I called 911.

The ambulance was at the scene in about 2.minutes or so. Thay asked me if I could stand, I said, yes they helped me take one step to the stretcher. Then to Yukon. Oklahoma hospital. They checked me over.

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
The Following User Says Thank You to 77 TRASHCAN For This Useful Post: