9621 E Eddystone Ct
Sun Lakes AZ 85248 US
Phone: (901) 674-7503 Jerry
President: John Froehle [ jbfroehle@gmail.com ]
Newsletter: Nathan Brunner [ editor.poci.firebird.chapter@gmail.com ]

Thanks Stuart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Lemon View Post
Actually, I'm swapping everything over to in tank electric w/ large feed and return lines. Currently just a factory style mechanical + Qjet

Trying to get this thing so I could drive it anywhere without worrying about it ever again + no fuel starvation no matter what kind of motor winds up in there. Current engine is iffy with it as-is
Sounds like you and I are doing the very same thing. I have been very interested in going to an EFI setup for some time for the very same reason of better drivability with hopefully fewer issues. And as it happens I just noticed that my gas tank is leaking. Went into the garage a few weeks ago and noticed a very strong gas odor. Thought maybe I had not put the cap on right but after some looking around I found that areas under the straps are wet. So I just ordered a new tank, pump, sending unit, fittings and hoses to go ahead and swap that out. Expensive but kind of a blessing too as I would rather have the pump in the tank which would have required some cutting on the old tank. So by the time I figure the costs to clean the old one and render it safe to modify the new tank wasn't that much more.

The only thing I'm not sure on yet is how to set the system up for the current carb setup as this unexpected tank expense will delay the EFI for a little bit longer. I'll need to make sure I'm not flooding the carb so I am guessing I'll need some sort of regulator for that.