View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 06:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Baker:
Sorry, Chris. I'm with Tom on this one.

I didn't even bother to read the entire article, because I knew up front it would be a fluff piece for the GTO. I went straight to the dragstrip results, and the GTO's number were not impressive. Not even what I would call lackluster.

Pilot car, Schmilot car. Put something out there that will run mid 13's @ 103-105 out of the box or shut the f@$k up. That's what stock LS1's in the now defunct F-bodies will do.

Dare I say it, but if this test is any sign of things to come, Ford has once again kicked GM square in the nuts.

I'm starting to think now that the Viper was actually some engineers idea that Lutz stole and ran with.

http://kurtspontiac.homestead.com/files/bbaker.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you failed or didn't want to reply to the Motor Trend Article. Funny, neither did Tom. Why is that for both of you? GTO ran a 13.6 it's first time out with the GTO, Mach1 ran a 13.8 it's first time out with Motor Trend. But yet either of you want to talk about that one. In fact Tom didn't address any of the facts I presented. Oh sorry, he did mention the calibration but failed to explain why the car would perform so badly with the wrong calibration despite he knows full well what that means for any EFI car. Look at the member here with the EFI 462 that runs 10 flat. It didn't when he first started. It does now.

Tom, I never gave you crap about your car being preproduction, I said it was a one off. It's called NOT IN PRODUCTION. If Ford makes a V10 and they can afford to make it, props to them. I personally don't see it happening. The Truck V10 hasn't exactly been a stellar seller.

Lutz never took credit for creating the GTO. He takes credit and is fully do for getting the best RWD Coup GM made and making sure it was available here in the United States. How come Ford hasn't done that with the Aussie Falcon tom?