View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:22 PM

The first pic is of the local Chevy dealer. It's been a Chevy dealer since the 30's from what I've been told. It was first Hardy , Then sold to Milligan, Then Coby-Brookbank and currently Ken Kunkle. It's been added on to numerous times.

The second and third Photo are of the dealer I worked at. Lyons Buick, Pontiac, GMC truck. It was built in 1947 as Harshman Motor sales and was a Buick dealer until 96. In late 94 the business was sold to Sharpe. A yr or so later it was closed due to fraud charges that were accurate.The construction on this bldg was experimental and is the only surviving structure built this way in the county. It has to with the block placement in the walls.

In 1982 Veryl aquired the Pontiac GMC lines from the defunct Royal Pontiac mentioned above. I thought the Bonnie in Pic # 3 was kind of cool as it was sold new at this location. The used car lot was on the Bonneville's side of the bldg, The other side was the new lot. The upstairs was large parts storage and the service bays were in the single story portion. For 9 of the 10yrs I worked there we were in the top 5% of GM's custom order sales nationwide. Our Customer service rating was 100% for the same time period. Currently the lower level is vacant and the upper is apartments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	159877   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	159878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0740.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	159879  

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill