View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 12:39 PM

The first photo in this set was a Dodge dealer in the 30's. It's currently a Regional provider for the arts that my wife works at. She has some pics in the bldg of it when it was an active dealer. If she can scan them I'll post them as well.

The second pic is where the Pontiac dealer was in the early 60's and prior. It was recently remodeled and houses several local community offices. My wife works part time in one of them. She has a pic of this one from 1958, with a Bonnie out front, if she'll scan it I'll post it also.
The garage entrance was from the alley on the right side of the photo. The left side, which is now an empty lot, was a bar that had been in business for yrs. My dad talked about going there in the late 40's to have a beer and watch fights or ball games on TV. We also patronized it for several yrs until it sold and became a sports bar. It's closed shortly after that, The city aquired it due to back taxes and demo'd it.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0739.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	159883   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0738.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	159884  

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill