View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, I'm kinda with you Chief. But fortunately I am smart enough "not " to insert myself too deeply into this project. When he first came to me and said he "always wanted" this intake, all I could say is why? He then went into justifying how much better it would be concerning vapor lock with the separate crossover. I said, since it's a summer weekend car, why not just block the crossover in the heads and don't worry about it or let me put an electric choke on it. I also told him I had seen some pictures and read how bad they were. He just had to find out for himself, I guess. Fortunately, the car is not clogging up my small shop. I am very careful about that. I just wanted to again warn any other potential "suckers" out there in Pontiac land. " The Parts Place" seems to have a high percentage of low quality, non-usable parts for sale and customer service that gets very poor reports. Again, I can understand some clean-up being needed to use a part like this. The real crime is NOT leaving enough material on a lousy casting to make this happen. Having to weld up the top of the ports is a game changer and adds tremendous expense to the part.