Thread: Wrapping time!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 08:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The goal is to try to make this car as fun as possible without getting into body work. The car runs and drives great and I totally planned on leaving it as is, like a regular GTO you would have seen in 1975. But I can’t do the color soooooo……

Right now body work is so expensive and takes so long that I am forcing myself to leave the car alone and not start sanding or grinding. The wrap may look like sh!t after 3 months too and I decide to pull it off and I don’t want primer spots all over it.

I’ve often thought about wrapping an older car as an affordable option and finally decided to try it.

Guy- day two is a great way to describe the finish. Not perfect by any means and not really shiny but it’s smooth and all one color. A much better color! The finish is similar to what you would find on a shiny plastic toy.

242- this is generic ‘orange’ from vvivid and I took a chance. Online it looked very close to my hugger orange blazer so I decided to try it. The scoops are actually matte black but it’s older paint so maybe faded. This car is definitely getting judge stripes if this all works out. The car will be stored indoors so I’m not too worried about the decals.

Thanks SD455- I will keep posting updates. It may be worth trying if you want to avoid the hefty bill and wait time of the paint shop. I really wish I had done this to my 70 GTO convertible rather than send it to the body shop (4 years ago). The car had issues, but they were well hidden and I could have been enjoying the car as it ran and drove great.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1965gp For This Useful Post: