View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

To give an example, had dad's car at the track this past April.

I've had the fuel tuning pretty spot on with the Holley Sniper Stealth, up here at 5,000 feet elevation (DA even higher). I do keep things a pinch on the rich side a few percent just because.

At the track, now at sea level, the opposite happened than what I usually experience. That day was hot, in the 90's and we had DA around 4000 feet.
Made the first pass, with the same high elevation tune and closed loop correction was pulling 14-15%. Still went 127 mph.

Technically you can let this thing self tune, but honestly from what I've seen with it, it would take 3-4 passes to really nail down the base fuel table and make it's changes to match the AFR I wanted. To save wear and tear on the car and with the limited runs we have, what I did was went into the fuel table, removed 10% from the WOT areas, which took all of 30 seconds on my laptop, and went right back out for another pass. This change picked the car up to over 128 mph, without lifting the hood, and closed loop fueling was now within 3-4%. Now I can save this tune with the weather conditions for another day. I literally had the fueling dialed in within a few percent in a matter of seconds with one pass.

With the carb, I'd be out there for 30-40 minutes under the hood, with carb bowls off and gas everywhere, doing math calculations trying to figure out how much jet to pull out, and may not hit it right on the first try.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE