View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyakr View Post
I think it's a great idea !!!!

Back in the old days I HATED it when guys would see our Pontiacs at the races and want me to come over and look at their GTO or Firebird, which I would, only to get there & see a Chevy motor under the hood. I wouldn't even talk to 'em. Just turned around & walked away.

SO, just as a revenge factor, I LOVE the idea of putting Pontiac power in most any GM that came only with Chevy power. That's also why I love the 3rd & 4th gen drag cars that have real Pontiac power. I think they're cool !!!

I suppose that makes me an old school Pontiac freek. So be it. I wear the label with pride !
LS engines are purely GM corporate powerplants, not chevy. They share the center to center bore spacing with a SBC. They use design cues from all the previous GM V8 designs. Chevy didn't design them nor do the manufacture them. The LS engine was designed by GM Powertrain from a clean sheet of paper, no carryovers from chevy.

Plenty people on here still refer to LS design as chevy, correctly it's GM and trademarked by GM, not chevy. Opinions may differ, the facts are the facts.

Notice the TM, GM LS-Series on the sign.

There is a former Pontiac GTO (2004-2006) Pro Stock racer owner by Maurizio (Maurice) Campolucci of Stallion Motorsports Inc. that was originally designed for a BBC, and converted to a Pontiac V8 and ran 200 MPH NA, I forget the ET. Maybe 7.53.
1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated