View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerboy View Post
Ugh. Thanks for that tip. I just did a Google search and it seems that a lot of folks are having trouble keeping the BFG letters white. Does anyone here have any tips/tricks?

Had anyone run the other RWL tires, like the Cooper Cobra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
you can do a search on here too for the BFG white letter issue, i posted some pics & info in the last couple years about dealing with BFG on this. its a defect or issue with the molding of the tire from what a manager at BFG explained to me, so there are no real tips or tricks to make them stay whit if you own a set of the bad ones. some got lucky & dont have the issue or it may be size or batch related, but for me on 3 sets of 255/60s they all had the problem, the last set they replaced are much better but still not bright white like they should be & after a couple months of just sitting in the gargae or very low mile use they will turn a beige non white color again.

the best value/performance tire now is the M/T radial ST that has the same solid white letters (that are bright white) as the BFG but a better tread pattern with higher speed rating, & they are cheaper than BFG. ive read the cooper cobra are similar to the M/T but ive heard of lots of problems with coopers having slipped belts or being hard to balance so i would go with a better name brand like M/T for the price & speed rating.

ive also seen that the firestone firehawk indy 500 tires are being made again, i have a set of the original ones on a car & they are a very good tire that seem to be better than BFG for handling/traction & the letters stay bright white like they should.

The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: