View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 04:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 68 Vinyl top trim fasteners

I've got some mystery holes in my car for the vinyl top trim.

The side piece of trim that goes from the quarter window to the rear corner has three studs that take the plastic clips, and the one funny spring clip with the threads on the back ... there is also a hole in the body, under that piece of trim, just to the rear of the quarter window trim, like a 1/4" diameter, same as the one at the rear that takes the funny spring clip. Anyone know what goes there? It appears necessary to hold the forward piece of that trim tight against the quarter.

Same deal with the piece that goes across the entire back ... takes seven plastic clips, and on the ends it has two large holes. For this piece the Trim Manual calls out the seven plastic clips and 2 clips (PN 7669079) and two nuts (PN 9419764). The 7669079 clip is used on a ton of cars ... but don't see it in the AMK catalogs, and I have no idea what it looks like.

The hole mentioned in the first paragraph is a mystery to me, the trim manual seems to only call out the three plastic clips, doesn't mention the spring clip in the back, or anything that would go in the mystery hole in the front.

Can anyone straighten me out on what clips go where? Basically the only ones I'm really clear on is the plastic ones that go on the studs.

Thanks,