View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 07:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer

Here is some thing of interesting. I was at our Saturday morning gathering of automotive guys this past weekend, (08/06/2022) with my 1968 GTO Convertible Royal Bobcat. A gentleman began a conversation about Royal Bobcats as he remembered them.
He was actually yanking my chain on some of the comments. It was pretty funny. He knew a lot about Pontiacs.
Turns out he was an engineer for Chrysler working with the race car group that included Tom Hoover.
I told him he should have been here last week when Harold Sullivan had Jimmy Addison's '67 GTX here.
The gentleman stated that Jimmy used to get "Tail Gate Delivery" every time he lost a race.
I asked what is "Tail Gate Delivery"?
He explained that some how a new Hemi engine would fall out off the tail gate of a factory truck at the Sunoco station when ever Jimmy lost.
Did this guy say that Jimmy lost?
Yes he did. More then a few timed they made the "Tail Gate Delivery". LOL
Gee... the current owner calls the car "KING OF WOODWARD". and says the Silver Bullet never lost! Hummm LOL
Now here is someone else who was there! But on the INSIDE of Chrysler engineering. Designing, testing and building Hemi's.
Looks like someone else on the inside admits the KING had been dethroned a few times! LOL
By the way I never mentioned the Black Bird. Or who I was. Only that I was out there Thursdays on Northwestern Hwy / I-696. On Woodward and Telegraph.
But he saw that my sun visors had been signed by Jim Wangers, George DeLorean, Win Brown and the glove box by Ace Wilson Sr.
Another of the Saturday morning regulars was part of the conversation. He had worked with Jimmy Addison after he was no longer at Ted Spehar's Woodward Sunoco.
Anyway we exchanged personal information.
He laughed saying you know back in the day we where rivals and would not speak.
I said that was than this is now and we can laugh about it.
By the way his name Mike Koran. Look for his name in the picture with Jimmy Addison with the white Direction Connection Bracket Race Car.
Turns out he is president of a company called SVI in Troy, MI. I found on their website that they where founded in 1969 and incorporated in 1972. They supported the Chrysler engineering racing effort. They are a Technological, Concept and Development Company. They build full concept vehicles, platforms, suspensions, drivetrains, powerplants and safety, marketing and advertising.
Look for the picture on the web site of Jimmy Addison and a few others long side a Direct Connection Bracket race car. The picture was taken in 2019.
Part of the many pictures was the Don Carlson in his 'Cuda launching the MOTOWN MISSILE wheels up.
They have many more clients then Chrysler now.
Link to the site is www.svi-results.com
Remember TAIL GATE DELIVERY after every loss! From a Chrysler engineer who was there! LOL What more can anyone say?

Last edited by Dr. Eric M. Schiffer; 08-09-2022 at 07:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Eric M. Schiffer For This Useful Post: