View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just because the car is at paint does not mean the work stops...

Trying to get motivated to redye the dash. The plan is a tuxedo black, and cover the small crater on the front with a carefully cut Velcro "patch". This will allow the mounting of GPS, iPhones, etc right where it is needed . This will be pair with a nice 1-1/4" diameter hole with grommet in the are under the windshield for wiring.

My friend's 70 Camaro is taking a lot of time! This was his cousin's car - he inherited it after said cousin died in a diving accident. Dale had a 72 at the time and wifey said one or the other. He sold the Camaro, then later sold the goat too! His mother is battling cancer, so she tracked down the Camaro and gave it as a Christmas present to Dale last year. Now we have to shake ass to get it running while she is still with us...

I milled the wheels to take the supplied hardware (if I would have known how much work it was I would have simply bought them ready to go...). I needed to make tooling for the 1.125" diameter countersink and buy extra mills. Later we test fit it to Dale's Camaro - the forest green makes them look very nice!

My paint guy called, said we needed to talk money. This usually does not result in a price reduction: it did not, price went up 40%. But noting that this will have 250+ hours labor I am not complaining.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 097.jpg
Views:	1347
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	334389   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 098.jpg
Views:	1494
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	334390