View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 07:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
I will go. I look for you Fred!!
Cool! I've seen your blue GTO in the parking lot a few times; looks real nice.

I used to enter my car in the show...not because it's show worthy; but because it used to cost the same as parking in the lot and i felt it was safer. not sure about now. I've got the ugliest car in the show lol.

Sometimes the Pickett guys are there with the "Runnin Injun III"...That's a highlight for me. That car is fast and sounds like nothing else.

Mike S. is usually there; another highlight. His 10 second runs are quite exciting to watch and often start with a wheelstand.

Other than that, I usually get there early; walk around freezing; get a hot dog, and go home. I'm usually done there by noon.

I've been there on "Import tuner day"; and my band used to play the larger events there. Import day is packed. There are bands/rappers auctions and swap meets, magazine people, and beautiful women.
They dont do much for "BOP Day".
It used to be "Pontiac Day"
Then it became "BOP Day"
Then it became "BOP/Nostalgia Day"
Then it became "BOP/Nostalgia/ Grocery Getter/ Modern Hemi Day"
This time it's "BOP/Nostalgia/Grocery Getter/ Ford vs Chevy Day"
It's also usually crammed into the "Fall Finale" But not this year as the Fall Finale will be Sunday Nov. 13.
They've been known to cancel this event altogether, for cold. They hold BOP day twice per season. It was cancelled this last spring for cold.

Also, I posted the wrong date: BOP will be the 5th, not the 4th

Last edited by F ROCK; 09-26-2022 at 07:39 AM.