View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay S View Post
My thoughts mirror the other guys thoughts on cam size. But rather than compcams we are using “3823” hyd roller profiles from Bullet. I believe they are basically Ultradyne profiles converted to computerize profiles. I think the smallest one is 236 @.050 and the largest ones are 260s as .050 and they all have .3823 lobe lift. Makes for a range of .573-.631 for lift depending on the rocker arm ratio.

FWIW, I like the lift range, and I like the way the 3823 cams are designed for the lash ramp coming off the base circle. A kind of example of the difference between the design like a comp Magnum HR and the Bullets is running a solid roller hybrid on one of the Magnums, to quiet the noise down most guys lash them to .005-.008. Compared to the Bullet is .008-.011. It is a difference in how the profile comes off the base circle. The XE and XE FI are more aggressive. Not trying to bash a compcam or Old faithful what so ever. The comps like the OF are great cams. Imo, if you are running as much compression, on pump gas on the street, that slower ramp won’t hurt you at all to lift the valve a little slower and it will likely be a little quieter, maybe even more dependable. A lot of stress in that first part of the profile.
That would likely be the older Harold designed Ultradyne lobes that Bullitt is using. The cam I used is basically Harold's newer design voodoo lobes that Paul Carter has access to. Likely a lot of the same features.