View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 09:51 PM
Boost Engineer

I personally would install the Ram 10.5 / 26 spline disc (with the centerforce pressure plate, and put some miles on that set-up. The centerforce disc I would take to a place that can do glass beading and have the sided of the clutch "dusted" with the glass-bead material. What this will do if get rid of the excess resins that leaked out of the clutch disc after 3000 miles of usage. Then put it on the shelf for a re-installation down the road. This disc will probably be good enough to last for 100,000 miles after that glass beading process.

After 3000 miles of so remove the Ram 10.5 / 26 spline disc and clean with the glass beader that disc. Now you will have driven both clutch discs (with the centerforce pressure plate) and then install the clutch disc that you were the happiest with.
Either disc should last 3 or 4 times longer in the vehicle with no slippage from the resin boiling off on the flywheel and pressure plate surfaces. THERE WILL BE NO EXCESS RESIN TO BOIL OFF FROM THIS POINT ON.

My last 10.5" disc lasted in the car for 15 years (until I decided to to go to the 455 engine and the 11" clutch parts), and I beat the crap out of that 10.5" set of parts. (I have posted about this clutch system mod several times over the years.) Course if you granny shift and baby the car it will not matter either way.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.