View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 06:40 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Thanks everyone! I’m glad to hear a couple of ya have used them with no major issues.
Of course I will check with my shop & see if they can get close on price.

Thanks again!
Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Keep in mind, Clegg is more than willing and capable of buiding the kit to what ever you are looking for. Forged Line Rods where not available in the 6.7 length when I purchased my kit with the Scat Rods W/ARP2000 bolts. Clegg assisted with spec'ing the pistons while working with Carillo reps. Once all the parts came in they did their balancing on the rotating assembly. Its pretty much dead nuts zero balanced according to the card.

I dont expect to run into issues with the Scat crank, they did have issues early on when they first came out, however from my research prior to ordering, they seem to have fixed fitment issues of the past.

With all that said, If i could have done things differently, I would have paid more attention to rotating mass weights. Piston weights, rod weights and wrist pin weights. I dont think mine is doing to bad for a 498ci. Would have liked to have that a bit lower.

SPEED SAFE, NICK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	496 Pontiac - Bob weight card.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	568437