View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Oil Pan

Had to do something about that dipstick situation. This was it. Behold its sexiness! Too bad it covers up that Butler Pro series pump I have no pictures of.

Tight fit -

The dip stick provision is in the passenger kickout and uses a compression type fitting. The plan was to use the stick only for reading when the car wasnt running. Id pull out the whole tube and plug the provision so the vacuum pump got a good seal, but rumor has it, that may not be necessary. Time will tell.

To further mitigate the leakage potential, I chose the twist lock, Moroso dipstick. I'm not sure what they were thinking with their crappy little mounting hardware, so I made this to actually work with my valve cover.

The fit and finish of the Canton pan was excellent IMO. Good thick level rail and virtually no gap at the timing cover with gasket in place.

Speaking of gaskets, I'm using the BOP one piece oil pan gasket. Ive used it in the past and wouldn't have it any other way. Rounded it out with ARP bolts for the pan.

I'll leave with a tip -

Tip#6 If you are going to use a magnet in your oil pan with trap doors, say like a FilterMag TM360, make sure the magnet isn't so strong it holds any of the trap doors open.

Who needs nice and pretty, when you can have mean and nasty?
KRE Aluminum headed 463CID 73 LeMans. Used to run 10.6x @ 124.55. 3700lbs
So much for 2020...shootin for 9s in 2021...and in 2022 apparently.....looks like 2023 as well.
>>My 73 Build thread