View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizar View Post
Yes, dual exhaust. I know I'm going to have an issue with the transmission crossmember so I probably won't be able to go straight back, but I have seen pictures of people who made it work with an S-curve. You would have to modify your transmission crossmember to go straight back. I think that may be similar with headers but I don't know. If you look at pictures of an A-body transmission crossmember vs. a B-Body you can see the reliefs for the exhaust pipes are spaced differently.

I plan on putting the engine in this weekend and I'll know what I'm dealing with. Bought a Pypes dual exhaust setup for an A-body as a starting point, but I'm not sure if that gained me much since the tailpipes are different.
Yeah I actually put new exhaust on mine a few weeks back just to get it running for a car run I help with. Knowing full well I would redo it the right way in the coming months once I knew if headers or long tube manifolds would be my long term choice. I just welded 6” stems onto each stock manifold and went straight back. Which worked “okay” until I got a full car load of people in and it would drag over bumps. So now I’m weighing my options on how I want to tackle the permanent exhaust setup. I know bending to go through the crossmember cutouts will be on my agenda regardless of how I install the rest. I hated losing that extra 1.5” of clearance or whatever it comes out to be.